Who we are
Founded in 2006, Fonix provides mobile payments and messaging services for clients across multiple sectors, with clients including Channel 5, Bauer Media, Children in Need, Daily Mail Group, AIMIA, Three and Comic Relief.
We are looking for one experienced Software engineer to work across a range of new and existing products. You will be responsible for managing high performance transactional systems and working with a bright and talented development team. Your primary focus will be the development of new features and products as well as learning about and support existing systems. This role will involve practical development across the full technology stack, with a focus on end-to-end ownership and interfacing with all areas of the business.
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Learning new languages where required to support the business
- Designing robust, scalable and secure features
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Following best practices (continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Bringing fresh ideas to the team and suggesting new technologies to help drive Fonix forward
- 3+ years of relevant commercial experience
- Proven experience on developing applications with Java
- Good knowledge and experience using Spring Boot and Hibernate experience
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of Junit
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git/GitHub/bitbucket)
- Understanding the basic design principles behind scalable applications
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Good knowledge of UNIX
- Experience working with cloud hosted applications (AWS/Google cloud)
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- Knowledge of Rabbit MQ and Redis
- Knowledge of Erlang or Ruby
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun and exciting technology business offering future opportunities in career development.
To apply email us at email@example.com. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.
Based in London, starting salary TBC depending on experience.