Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Who we are
Fonix is a cutting edge mobile technology company, currently offering a range of innovative products in payments and messaging. Fonix’s clients include Children in Need, Channel 5, Stand up to Cancer, Bauer Media, Comic Relief and Global Radio amongst others.
We are currently looking for one experienced Ruby on Rails developer, who will assist with our new and existing applications.
Our backend applications must be robust and scalable. Our user interfaces need to be intuitive and user friendly, providing optimal usability for the application's core purpose, whilst also reflecting our brand values.
You will benefit from involvement at all stages of the user experience from use case design to application build and test. You will be co-developing strategic application platforms and will share your architecture experience with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years commercial experience in Ruby on Rails
- Excellent working knowledge of the RUBY command set and RSPEC
- Excellent working knowledge of the MVC and functional patterns
- Good knowledge of GIT
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Good knowledge of command line Unix/Linux
- Passionate appreciation for the AGILE development approach
- Ability to carefully break down problems into small pieces
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members
- Technically astute and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Good knowledge of AWS
- Active Records
- Web sockets
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun and exciting technology business offering future opportunities in career development.
To apply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.
Based in London, starting salary TBC depending on experience.