Quality Assurance Engineer
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Fonix provides mobile payments and messaging services for clients across multiple sectors, with clients including Channel 5, Bauer Media, ITV, Children in Need, Daily Mail Group, AIMIA, and Comic Relief.
As Quality Assurance Engineer you are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of Fonix feature releases.
You will be user-focused and have experience in working in both Enterprise & Consumer platforms.
Working closely with the Product & Delivery teams you will be a Champion For Quality and think like a user to ensure a Right First Time approach and adding value for the users, along with organising and facilitating release demos and UAT sessions.
You will be an expert at Manual Testing and will have a good understanding of Git, Ruby, and RSpec and work closely with the developers to test their features locally and enable short feedback loops.
- 3+ years experience testing both Frontend and Backend
- Create well-structured and detailed test plans and test cases for both stories and release packages
- Ensure that the organisation is adhering to good code quality by implementing automated tests
- Experience developing automation scripts using Ruby, Capybara, Selenium and RSpec
- Experience with continuous delivery practices (branch management, pull requests, code reviews, running tests in CI/CD
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in testing Rest APIs
- User-centric Approach to QA
- Experience of facilitating UAT Demo Sessions
- Experience of working on an Enterprise System as well as being confident working with Direct to Consumer products
- A self-starter with a continuous drive to learn and a business-oriented mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels and be comfortable communicating directly with clients
- Basic understanding of Java
- Experience with BDD/TDD
- Familiarity with project management tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience working with Agile and Lean methodologies
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun and exciting technology business offering future opportunities in career development.
To apply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.
Based in London, starting salary TBC depending on experience.