Fonix is a cutting edge mobile technology company. Fonix currently offer a range of innovative products in mobile messaging, payments and telephony to a range of clients including Children In Need, Channel 5, Global Radio, Powwownow, O2 and Discovery Channel amongst others.
Fonix is looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the finance function of the business, gaining an entire overview of the finance function. You will be working with a group of highly motivated individuals who enjoy achieving results under pressure and work hard to achieve their goals. You will be expected to gain a good understanding of the business and have a “can do” attitude to assisting in various tasks along side your main role.
Duties will focus on:
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Liaising with Clients, Suppliers and Mobile Operators
- Administer Purchase and Sales Invoices
- Finance tasks including VAT Returns, Payments, internal audit functions, maintaining Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheet
- Ad-hoc finance tasks such as Insurance renewal, audit preparation
- Preparation of the ongoing cashflow requirements
- Assist the Financial Controller on other financial, analytical and administrative duties and provide cover for other members of the finance team as and when required
- Be a real team player and have a real “roll your sleeves up” attitude
- Looking to pursue an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong excel skills essential (e.g. managing large volumes of data, importing/exporting, pivot tables, advanced formulas, macros)
- Organised and used to working to a reporting timetable
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun and exciting technology business offering future opportunities in career development. To apply email us at email@example.com. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.